Slab leaks are a common and severe plumbing problem that can cause a lot of damage to your home’s foundation and interior. Still, despite the seriousness of the situation, foundation leaks aren’t a reason to panic.
While severe, this issue is still solvable. By reacting swiftly and enlisting the help of experts for slab leak repair in Riverside County, CA, you can remedy the situation, minimize water damage, and even prevent further issues from occurring.
Is slab leak an emergency?
Yes, a slab leak is considered a plumbing emergency. Left untreated, it can lead to a host of issues, including heavy mold growth, water damage, and critical structural damage to your home’s foundation, walls, and flooring. Moreover, the problems will only escalate, the longer you leave the problem unattended.
If you suspect a slab leak in your home, it’s crucial to act immediately and take swift action to resolve the issue. Slab leaks can be difficult to identify, and the repair process is time, labor, and logistics intensive. This is a situation where every minute counts, so don’t hesitate to address the problem ASAP.
What to do if you have a slab leak?
If you suspect that you have a slab leak, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Turn off the water supply: Find the main water valve in your home and turn it off to prevent water from flowing into your home and causing more damage.
- Step 2: Check the water meter: If the meter is still running, even though you shut off the main valve, it means that the leak is located somewhere along the main water line. In this case, you will have to contact your water company for assistance.
- Step 3: Call a professional plumber: Contact a reputable plumbing company that specializes in slab leak detection and repair. A trained and experienced team will pinpoint the source of the leak with great accuracy, suggest the best course of action, and give you an honest repair cost estimate.
- Step 4: Decide how you want to handle the situation: Based on your plumbers’ assessment and suggestions, as well as the severity of the leak, you may choose to either repair or replace the damaged pipe(s). Do note that the price can vary widely based on the approach you choose.
- Step 5: Check your homeowner’s warranty: Some policies include protection against plumbing issues, such as the slab leak. Although this step is optional, it is highly recommended to take it, since it may help you cover a portion of repair costs.
- Step 6: Repairing the leak: After you’ve chosen how to approach the problem, your plumbers will repair the slab leak by either re-routing the piping system or tunneling under the slab to access and repair the damaged pipe.
How can I prevent future slab leaks?
Once your plumbers fix the damaged pipes, it is highly advisable to take the necessary steps to ensure you don’t have to deal with a slab leak in the foreseeable future:
- Schedule regular inspections by professional plumbers to discover the early signs of damage;
- Avoid pouring harsh chemicals down the drains;
- Avoid flushing non-biodegradable waste down the toilets;
- Maintain proper water pressure to avoid excessive stress on your pipes.
Who are the leading experts for slab leak repair in Riverside County, CA?
The Leak Detection Pros is among Riverside County’s top companies for foundation leak diagnosis and restoration. Whether your property is located near the Mission Inn Museum or closer to El Tosco Geoglyph, our highly trained and experienced team is ready to provide swift response and quality service you can thoroughly rely upon. Reach out to us today and let our expertise protect your property for years to come.