Slab leaks can be more dangerous than the common leaks found at residential and commercial properties. That’s why it is important to hire professionals in leak repair in Riverside as soon as you notice the first telltale signs of a slab leak. If not addressed quickly, you risk experiencing some of the serious adverse consequences of not reacting promptly and allowing your slab leak to worsen. But what is it that makes them so dangerous?
Why are slab leaks dangerous?
Not detecting a slab leak in your property on time or not repairing it as soon as you detect it can cause different types of problems including significant water damage to your property. The following are some of the most serious and common issues that can occur if you leave your slab leak completely untreated:
Various health problems
First and foremost, not repairing a slab leak in your property can cause a wide range of health issues, which is not something to take lightly. Predominantly, water that remains undetected and stands for a long time will inevitably cause mold growth. From there, mold will work to slowly infest your entire property, causing adverse health effects in the process.
Breathing in mold spores commonly results in different respiratory issues. The longer you leave your slab leak unrepaired, the more likely it is that mold will transition into rot, causing even more health problems for your family or employees in the process. Some of the frequent issues that stem from mold and rot are:
- Asthma attacks
- Runny and itchy nose
Different types of property damage
Besides health problems, untreated slab leaks will cause a wide range of damage to your residential or commercial property. Most commonly, unrepaired leaks will lead to:
- Water spots: Once a slab leak begins, you can quickly expect to see water spots around your property. The longer they persist, the more damage they’ll do to your walls and floors.
- Damaged flooring: Speaking of damaged flooring, a slab leak can lead to saturated floors, cracked tiles, as well as waterlogged carpeting.
- Ruined foundation: Probably the most serious structural concern for slab leaks is foundational damage. Leaks cause excessive swelling, which leads to your foundations developing cracks, which is a major structural issue.
- Damaged yard: Slab leaks can wreak havoc in your yard too, resulting in flooding and ruining your landscaping or grass.
Bad financial consequences
Finally, slab leaks that are not addressed quickly can lead to higher financial costs:
- Rising water bills: Slab leaks also waste much water, resulting in higher-than-normal water bills for extended periods of time if you don’t treat it.
- Extensive water damage repair cost: water from a pipe burst under the slab often rises to the surface and causes water damage to floors, cabinets, baseboards and even furniture. Hot side slab leaks may even cause hot water heaters to run continuously and burn out faster. Prolonged slab leak repair typically results in higher water damage repair costs.
Who offers expertise-based slab leak detection and repair in Riverside, CA?
It’s essential to be familiar with the biggest potential consequences of not repairing your slab leak. That’s why accurate and prompt slab leak detection is important. There’s no reason to postpone hiring professionals to help you since there are non-invasive modern methods for precisely detecting the location of your slab leak. Also, with so many potential causes of these leaks, contacting your local experts is vital.
If you don’t know who to call, know that there’s one company you can always rely on – The Leak Detection Pros. We’re your reputable professionals in slab leak detection, inspection, restoration, and repair. We cater to home and business owners across Riverside and all other nearby communities. We use cutting-edge tools for leak detection and repair, such as thermal imaging. It makes no difference if your property is near California Citrus State Historic Park or at another location in the area. We’re here to help you. Give us a call today!